Playing Online Should Be Fun!
Many people see online gambling as a fun leisure time activity. However, for some people, gambling online can become a problem.The majority of our online customers might never experience a problem. But don’t be fooled, playing responsibly is not just for those who either have a gambling problem or are the most at risk of developing one. Responsible gambling is the best approach for every player.
We are committed to helping our customers have a fun and safe experience by providing information on gambling operators that promote safe and responsible online gambling. We also want to provide information and guidance to those who may be developing a problem or are unable to stay in control of their gambling.
How to know if I have a gambling problem?
Are you feeling unsure about your relationship with gambling? Ask yourself the following questions to see if gambling is no longer as fun for you as it used to be or if you have lost control of yourself:1. Do you gamble alone on your computer for long periods, perhaps staying away from work or other activities to do so?
2. Have you needed to increase your gambling stake more and more to get the excitement you are looking for?
3. Do you suffer mood swings, irritability and agitation when you are not gambling?
4. Do you think that you gamble to escape other issues or problems in your life?
5. Have you ever claimed to be winning from gambling when, in fact, you are losing?
6. Have you tried, in the past, to reduce either the time or money that you spend gambling and been unsuccessful?
7. Have you ever been tempted to commit an act of dishonesty to finance your gambling?
8. Have you ever gone back online to gamble, on another day, to win back your losses?
9. Have you ever hidden your gambling from people who are important to you in your life?
10. Have you borrowed money, from any source, that you have been unable to pay back because of your gambling or are you otherwise in debt as a result of gambling?
11. Have you ever sold any possessions to obtain money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
12. Do you find yourself breaking promises, to family and friends, so that you can gamble instead?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, then you may need to consider finding ways to take control of your online gambling, using the information below. BeGambleaware.com offers some confidential tools to help you such as the ‘Worried about your gambling’ quiz or check out their Gambling Calculator to help you determine whether your gambling is becoming a problem.
What to do if I think I have a problem?
The first step in taking back control is to be completely honest with yourself and accept that you have a problem. Accepting the problem and being willing to confront it will set you on the right path. For some, it may be that simply looking at your actions and realizing that you have developed some of the behaviors from the above questions will be enough to make you change your habits and give you back control of yourself. However, if you feel you may need more help, advice, and support there are plenty of options available to you. Please seek out the help you need.
Don’t be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help!
Here are some practical steps to help you stay in control:
1. Ask someone you trust to handle your money for an agreed amount of time (for example, three months) or otherwise seek their assistance in setting a budget plan.
2. Limit the level of your deposits or expenditure or the time you spend online. Our recommended gaming web sites provide tools to allow you to impose your own limits on expenditure.
3. Reward yourself for “gambling free” periods by spending the money you saved on something for yourself or your family.
4. If all else fails – stop gambling. Self-exclude yourself from all the websites on which you normally bet or play. If you believe exclusion is the best option for you, it is advisable to take an appropriate break from ALL forms of gambling.
5. If you want to prevent access to other gaming, wagering or gambling facilities on the internet, visit www.gamblock.com which will help you do so.
6. Use a calendar to mark each day that you don’t gamble, so that you can see the progress you are making.
Australia: 1800 858 858 or http://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au
Belgium: SOS SPELEN: 0800 35 777, https://gokhulp.be/
Canada (by province)
- Alberta Alberta Health Services http://www.albertahealthservices.ca or call toll-free: 866-332-2322
- British Columbia British Columbia Partnership for Responsible Gambling www.bcresponsiblegambling.ca 888-795-6111
- Manitoba: Addictions Foundation of Manitoba http://afm.mb.ca/programs-and-services/gambling/ or call toll-free: 888-347-8888
- New Brunswick New Brunswick Health – Gambling http://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/departments/health/Gambling/What_is_problem_gambling.htmlcall toll-free: 800-461-1234
- Newfoundland Newfoundland Labrador Health and Community Services http://www.health.gov.nl.ca call toll-free: 888-899-4357
- Northwest Territories NWT Health and Social Services http://www.hss.gov.nt.ca/en/services/addictions or call toll-free: 800-661-0830
- Nova Scotia Problem Gambling Help Line https://gamblingsupportnetwork.ca/or call toll-free: 888-347-8888
- Nunavut Nunavut Health and Social Services http://www.gov.nu.ca/health or call toll-free: 800-265-3333
- Ontario Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline http://www.problemgamblinghelpline.ca/ or call toll-free: 888-230-3505
- Prince Edward Island Health PEI Gambling Addiction Services http://www.healthpei.ca/gambling or call toll-free: 855-255-4255
- Quebec Gambling: Help and Referral http://www.jeu-aidereference.qc.ca or call toll-free: 800-461-0140
- Saskatchewan Saskatchewan Health – Gambling http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/health/emergency-medical-services/problem-gambling-help-line or call toll-free: 1-800-306-6789
- Yukon Territory Yukon Health and Social Services http://www.hss.gov.yk.ca/index.php
Denmark: Danish Gambling Authority https://spillemyndigheden.dk/behandling
France: Adictel Prevention Addiction: email@example.com 24/7 www.adictel.com/en/
Germany: Gluecksspielsucht Problem Gambling Hotline: 0800 0776611 www.gluecksspielsucht.de/
Hong Kong: Caritas A G Counselling Centre: Hotline (852) 1834 633 www.gamblercaritas.org.hk
Ireland: GambleAware Ireland: National Gambling Helpline: 1800 753 753 www.gambleaware.ie
Korea: Korea Center for Gambling Problems https://www.kcgp.or.kr
Malta: Responsible Gambling Foundation http://rgf.org.mt/
Netherlands: AGOG: National information number: 0900-2177721 www.agog.nl
New Zealand: To access immediate assistance in New Zealand call 0800 654 655 or go online to http://www.gamblinghelpline.co.nz
Norway: Hjelpelinjen Helpline: 800 800 40 www.hjelpelinjen.no
Singapore: National Council on Problem Gambling http://www.ncpg.org.sg 800 6 66866
South Africa: National Responsible Gambling Problem Gambling Counselling Line: 0800 006 008 www.responsiblegambling.co.za/
Sweden: phone, chat, SMS and email service for the whole of Sweden www.stodlinjen.se/
Switzerland: Careplay: Tel: 041 367 48 47 www.careplay.ch/
Disclaimer: This list is in no way complete. This list is for informational purposes only and we are not directly connected to any website or institution linked in this page.